Tuesday, January 25, 2011

there is no place like home



 It may sound cliché but indeed it is true that there is no place like home. Wherever life may lead us, we will always go back to where we come from. I once told myself not to go back home. I had decided to leave the country with hopes of forgetting the bitter past and to search for a greener pasture as most Filipinos do. Lo and behold, I found my second home here in Siam. Almost everything was provided to me. However, there's no match to my original home. From a very comfortable and immaculate bedroom, delectable foods and mind you they are all free. I'm such a lucky creature and I always thank God for all of these. I will always be personally grateful to the Songwatana family for their hospitality and generosity. They are the kindest people I have ever known so far. They treat like their family, tag me along in their trips and parties and have been very understanding.
 Last December 2010 I went home for Christmas since holidays are best spent in our hometown. Little did I realize that I was actually craving to be back home. It was very ironic. I was not really aware of my personal excitement that I ended up packing my clothes and pasalubongs month before my departure.lol..Not only that, I kept on checking and double checking my pasalubong list. Blame it on the pasalubong tradition of Pinoy! My family back home was very ecstatic, too. Especially my Nanay and Tatay who now consider themselves as empty nesters. I was totally excited to see them and to spend quality time with them for I am both a nanay's and tatay's girl. On my flight to Manila, there was a throng of Filipino balikbayans from the Middle East. It was evident in their faces that they have been waiting for this holiday season to be home and to be reunited with their families. Once the plane landed at Ninoy Aquino International Airport, cheers and claps echoed in the plane. Some were even humming to the tune of Babalik Ka Rin  by Gary Valenciano which signaled that we are finally in the Philippines.Mabuhay!
Just seeing your family awaiting for your come back is the sweetest. Although I was 24 hours awake, it was worthwhile—to be home in our simple abode and to share the laughters with my loved ones. Though a month of vacation cannot make up for the times I spent away from home and to catch up the important events that took place, it was refreshing and reassuring to know that no matter where I go, my family will always look forward to my homecoming. Truly, there is no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment